Ehrlich Pest Control
Our Rating: 9
Call 877-247-9026 to verify service in your area.
80 years in business
About Ehrlich Pest Control
As much as anything else, pest control is about service. While everyone wants an effective treatment for the pests that are bothering them, it’s just as important to know that you’re opening your home to professional, punctual, and courteous service technicians. In this respect, Ehrlich stands out among its competitors, pairing an innovative and integrated approach to treatment with technicians who consistently receive glowing online reviews.
Ehrlich has gone from a family-owned business to a subsidiary of Rentokil Steritech, but still maintains a reputation built over its 80 years in operation. While receiving strong scores in all categories, the company deserves special note for its reputation for service, a reputation based in large measure on high-quality technicians and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Reliability: 8 / out of 10
Features & Services: 10 / out of 10
Customer Service & Reviews: 9.5 / out of 10
Costs: 9.5 / out of 10
In This Review:
Our mission is to help you make the best choices for keeping your home safe and pest-free. In order to do so, we accept affiliate commissions from some of the companies mentioned on this site. This allows us to keep our services free, while never implementing bias or letting compensation affect our reviews. Read our Advertising Policy for more information.
Based largely in the eastern United States, Ehrlich has nevertheless built up a solid reputation for reliability. Online, customers praise Ehrlich technicians for arriving promptly and providing courteous service, and they note far fewer issues with Ehrlich’s persistence—their willingness to keep treating a problem until they solve it—than reviewers note among their competitors.
Our Rating: 8 / out of 10
Among leading pest control companies, Ehrlich has an impressive reputation for effectiveness and service.
While Ehrlich is continuing to expand, it currently only operates 50 branches in 20 states.
Ehrlich has caught the wave of the 1970’s environmental movement as well as today’s Integrated Pest Management principles. Ehrlich’s reach, however, is limited to 50 branches in 20 states.
Features & Services Provided
Ehrlich provides protection from a large number of household pests, and the company’s offerings include individualized attention, free initial inspections, and innovative service packages.
Our Rating: 10 / out of 10
Ehrlich offers an innovative service package that includes annual inspections, unlimited service call access, and quick responses to any new pest problems as they arise.
Some online reviewers found Ehrlich’s services more expensive than comparable services offered by competitors.
Here are some highlights of Ehrlich’s pest control offerings:
- Treatment for a wide range of pests. Ehrlich treats for all the standard pests, including termites, roaches, bed bugs and rodents, as well as several rare targets, including fabric pests and woodworms. They also offer wildlife management services.
- Personalized, professional service. A brief survey of online reviews reveals Ehrlich’s secret weapon: skilled and courteous technicians. Customers are extremely satisfied with the company’s front-line employees, who undergo continuing education under Ehrlich’s rigorous Career Advancement program and also enjoy access to ongoing training programs. Technicians specialize in either commercial or residential pest control, and residential technicians in particular train to provide services safe for children and pets.
- Pestfree365. Subscribers to this innovative pest-management program receive guaranteed protection from 36 of the most common infestations, including termites, ants, and cockroaches. The Pestfree365 program focuses on prevention, but also provides regularly scheduled inspections and service, and includes quick responses to concerns or pest problems.
- Integrated pest management and green pest control. Like many of its larger competitors, Ehrlich is Green Shield Certified to provide green pest control services. Its green pest control program, however dovetails nicely with its commitment to an integrated pest management system, which focuses on prevention techniques to avoid infestations.
- Unique services. Ehrlich’s services go beyond simple pest control. In addition to the standard offerings, Ehrlich provides deer management and shrub protection and an innovative approach to drain issues through bioremediation.
- Staff entomologists. Unusually for pest control companies, Ehrlich keeps entomologists on staff to serve as Integrated Pest Management specialists and to be a resource for technicians confronting particularly challenging pest management issues.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. For 30 days after your initial treatment, you can call Ehrlich to send another technician for additional benefit services. If those treatments still don’t suffice for your pest problem after 30 days, the company will give you a full refund.
Customer Support & Reviews
Ehrlich consistently rates high on customer review sites, even ones known chiefly for escalated complaints like Better Business Bureau and ConsumerAffairs.com, with consumers praising their technicians in particular, and praising in general the effectiveness and efficiency of Ehrlich’s treatment. Others praise the pressure-free nature of the service treatment and for technicians’ help in heading off future pest issues.
Our Rating: 9.5 / out of 10
Customer reviews show that Ehrlich is highly praised for its technicians’ punctuality and friendliness with clients.
As might be expected, the rare complaints stemmed from administrative errors.
Word on the Street
As mentioned above, online reviews reflect widespread satisfaction with Ehrlich technicians. They are repeatedly cited for their friendly, punctual, efficient and professional pest control service. Timely follow-ups have also converted customers into fans. Others praise the pressure-free nature of the service treatment and the recommendations on how to troubleshoot future pest issues.
“I like that you get one person who can track what’s being done to your house. The person we have is very knowledgeable and knows the area and issues here.”
It’s a challenge to compare costs among pest control companies: prices tend to vary greatly among regions and according to the pests being treated for. Ehrlich does provide one essential, however: free initial inspections and a price quote, which allow consumers to compare Ehrlich’s proposed solution with offers from other companies. Some reviewers do comment on Ehrlich’s higher price points compared to competitors, but these higher price points come with Ehrlich’s commitment to service and their 30-day money-back guarantee.
Our Rating: 9.5 / out of 10
Ehrlich’s free inspections help keep the overall cost down for customers.
Some reviewers expressed surprise at Ehrlich’s higher price points, although the treatments are praised for their effectiveness.
Even in the crowded field of pest control, Ehrlich stands out for its reputation for effective, professional, and personal service. It offers an innovative pest control treatment plan that online commenters routinely praise. That’s why, despite its relatively limited geographical reach, our reviewers have selected Ehrlich as the top pest control company for Customer Service.
Reliability: 8 / out of 10
Features & Services: 7.5 / out of 10
Customer Service & Reviews: 8 / out of 10
Costs: 8.5 / out of 10